23.2.14

going local

It's a likely bet that wherever we go, we'll be going "local," meaning no more fancy contracts that provide a house, utilities and free dishes. The thought has me ever more conscious of how spoiled we are here. Whenever I feel the pleasant breeze from a ceiling fan, I am reminded that a time may soon come when we are drenched in sweat from African heat wishing for one cool breeze. (I am hoping to thwart this by finding something that offers ocean air, at least on occasion.)

Of course, it all became that much more real when a friend, offering to help find housing, remarked he would look around, search for something nice, you know, with an indoor toilet. Oh yeah. Not sure if I am ready to be that local but it's always helpful to get a good reality check. An adventure awaits (now just hoping the boys will see it that way....)