16.2.14

When words fail

It is simultaneously a time when so much is happening and yet nothing is happening. This confusing contradiction results in an assortment of words that are not yet ready to be born into the world. While Nabih is busy constructing a homemade lava lamp....I'm busy feeling like I just want to "go far..."
The countryside of Bas Congo

I watched man walk down this road and I fought the urge
 to follow, to find out where it goes...

Colorfully organized fruit and vegetable stand by the roadside

Small house with wood for sale

Country house by the road

For some reason I find these displays of patriotism kind of creepy in the country

Termite mound through the window

Clear skies and countryside...reminds me of NY mountains

Leaving Bas Congo and entering Kinshasa, officially






Saturday chores

Heading back into the capital



Makes me remember that I am actually a country girl...

Coming from Matadi these trucks are loaded with supplies


Back in Kin I spend a lot of time staring at this painting...the story behind it later